Here’s a great video for intermediate speakers, since there are subtitles and the narrator speaks in English. It’s a fantastic short documentary about Curitiba and its high quality of life, due largely to excellent city planning and making people–not cars–a priority.
Check it out!
Questions: Checking Understanding
1. How do you say “a person from Curitiba?”
2. What is “qualidade de vida?”
3. How do you say “efficiency” in Portuguese?
4. How do you say “that’s fine” or “that’s ok” in Portuguese?
5. What is “obra” in English?