Today we’re going to learn how to make a delicious Brazilian snack called bolinho de bacalhau, or balls of fried codfish. We even have the help of a Brazilian chef in this great written and video recipe combo! Ironically, the chef in the video is from a fancy French restaurant in Sao Paulo, though this dish is a traditional Portuguese recipe that is also very popular in Brazil.
Bolinho de Bacalhau
- 400 gramas de bacalhau cozido [400 grams - cooked cod]
- 250 gramas de purê de batata [250 grams - mashed potatoes]
- 4 Gemas [4 egg yolks]
- Quanto baste de tomilho fresco (se você não achar em sua cidade, substitua por orégano) [fresh thyme]
- Quanto baste de óleo e azeite de oliva [oil and olive oil]
Preparation: Click here for the full recipe from Video Receita
Want the recipe in English? Click here.
1. Which drink is recommended to have with this snack?
2. What’s important to note when you add the second round of ingredients?
3. If you don’t have fresh thyme, what can you use as a substitute?
2. The ingredients must be cold