Gym membership? Diet? Binge-watch the latest TV show everyone’s talking about? It’s January 2018, and that means many people around the world are already couple days into their New Year’s resolutions (Postanowienia Noworoczne). But as each year brings its own personal goals and associated challenges, none ever carry as much weight as the old standby: getting in shape.
So now that we’ve put the holidays and the leftover food behind us, how are we pledging to better ourselves and our lives in the New Year? Or have we simply thrown in the towel and opted to check our resolutions at the door?
Health and wellness are top priorities for most people, but let’s see what else is on the list!
These are top 10 New Year’s resolutions that usually pop out in searches:
- Stay fit and healthy (być sprawnym i zdrowym) – definitely the most popular one!
- Loose weight (schudnąć)
- Enjoy life to the fullest (cieszyć się życiem w pełni)
- Spend less, save more (wydawać mniej, oszczędzać więcej)
- Spend more time with family and friends (spędzać więcej czasu z rodziną i przyjaciółmi). This one is definitely my number one resolution. My family is everything to me. Our kids grow up so fast, I definitely want to enjoy every moment I can with them. Spending as much time with my family as I can is so important – we never know how much time we have left ♥ And having amazing friends is also important – to cultivate friendship and be there for each other!
- Get organized (być zorganizowanym) Ha ha! I try every day:)
- Learn something new (language, new hobby etc.) (nauczyć się czagoś nowego – języka, nowe hobby)
- Travel more (więcej podróżować)
- Read more (więcej czytać)
- Will not make any resolutions 🙁 (nie planuje żadnych postanowień) – fortunately, just a handful of us are throwing in the towel and not making any resolutions
What are your New Year’s resolutions?
Want to hear more? Sign up for one of our newsletters!
For more language learning advice, free resources, and information about how we can help you reach your language goals, select the most relevant newsletter(s) for you and sign up below.