Webinar Series: DLPT Prep Strategies Posted by meaghan on May 9, 2022 in For Learners, For Program Managers, News and Events
Have a Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) coming up?
Refresh your reading and listening skills up to ILR 2, 2+, or 3 with 80 or 160 hours of full-time, small group instruction with a virtual tutor in our Reading and Listening Refresher Course.
Not able to attend a course? Join our Connect instructor Dr. Camilo Torres to learn reading and listening strategies that you can implement on your own—or with a tutor for even faster improvement.
In both sessions, we’ll also cover how you can take advantage of resources in the CL-150 Platform designed specifically for proficiency test preparation.
Boost Your Reading Skills for the DLPT
Join us to learn DLPT-focused reading comprehension strategies that you can implement to ace your next test. You’ll learn how to use the “structural approach” to:
- determine the role of a word/phrase and use context to guess its meaning
- understand key facts and events within the text
- deduce opinions and infer information not explicitly stated within the text
Missed the live session? Watch a recording below.
Boost Your Listening Skills for the DLPT
Join us to learn DLPT-focused listening strategies that will improve your practice—and your test score. You’ll come away with practical advice for how to:
- use online resources to practice listening at various proficiency levels (ILR 1-3)
- improve your retention and recall of information presented in an audio source
Missed the live session? Watch the recording below.