Webinar Series: Refreshing Your Skills for the DLPT and OPI Posted by meaghan on Nov 15, 2022 in For Learners, For Program Managers, News and Events
Have a DLPT or OPI coming up next year?
It’s not too soon to start preparing! Sign up to get early access when we launch our Reading and Listening Refresher Course and Speaking and Listening Refresher Course in early 2023.
In the meantime, join us live to explore reading, listening, and speaking strategies covered in the courses—and how you can start implementing them on your own. Registration details below! 👇
Can’t make it to any of the live events? Register anyway to get the recording.
📰 Boost Your Reading Skills for the DLPT
Join us to explore DLPT-focused reading comprehension strategies at ILR 2, 2+, and 3. You’ll learn how to use the “structural approach” to:
- determine the role of a word/phrase and use context to guess its meaning
- understand key facts and events within the text (ILR 2-2+)
- deduce opinions and infer information not explicitly stated within the text (ILR 3)
Wednesday 1/18/23 10:30-11:30am ET Register
👂 Boost Your Listening Skills for the DLPT
Join us to learn DLPT-focused listening strategies at ILR 2, 2+, and 3. You’ll come away with practical advice for how to:
- use online resources to practice listening at various proficiency levels
- improve your retention and recall of information presented in an audio source
Wednesday 1/25/23 10:30-11:30am ET Register
🗣 Boost Your Speaking Skills for the OPI
Join us to learn OPI-focused speaking strategies at ILR 2, 2+, and 3. You’ll leave knowing what to focus on for each level, including how to:
- provide more details using high-frequency vocabulary
- keep speech flowing naturally with connectors
- support your opinion with formal language
- discuss abstract ideas comfortably
Tuesday 12/13/22 10:30-11:30am ET Register
Wednesday 1/11/23 10:30-11:30am ET Register