Refresher Courses – Spring/Summer 2023 Schedule Posted by meaghan on Jan 17, 2023 in For Learners, For Program Managers, News and Events
Taking a DLPT this year? Have linguists who need to meet certain proficiency requirements?
Refresh your listening and reading skills up to ILR 2, 2+, or 3 with our upcoming Refresher Courses. Choose from 80 or 160 hours of full-time, small group instruction with a live virtual tutor in Chinese, Russian, or Spanish. Reserve your spot(s) now.
Refresher courses are fully remote, so you or your linguists can participate from anywhere.
Groups of up to 4 students are led by a native speaking instructor who is familiar with the needs of US Government linguists (DLPT prep, FSI testing, etc.)
In a typical session you will work on:
- Analyzing complex texts at your target ILR level (summarizing, inferring information and unknown vocabulary, identifying opinion, etc.)
- Building comfort with listening-specific difficulty drivers (fast speech, reduced forms, background noise, accents, etc.)
- Familiarizing yourself with events and topics relevant to US Government domains you’ll encounter at work and on your test (politics, security, economy, etc.)
Our methodology maximizes class time through a flipped, blended approach in which you pre-load key vocab and concepts through online materials. Class time focuses on practical application of what you’ve learned with your instructor and peers. All materials are available in the CL-150 Platform at no extra cost.
Course materials will cover:
- Authentic texts and audio clips covering relevant themes including culture, politics, economy, technology, cyber, and military
- Domain specific vocabulary and grammar structures commonly encountered at the desired ILR level
- Reading and listening comprehension questions based on authentic materials at desired ILR level, similar to what you’ll encounter on the DLPT
Registration is now open for spring/summer 2023 in Mandarin Chinese, Russian, and Spanish. Learn more, view the schedule, and request a quote here.