Chinese 30×30 Challenge Posted by meaghan on Oct 13, 2023 in For Learners
You want to learn Chinese, but…
⏳ you don’t have time
🤷♀️ you think it’s too hard
🧠 you’ve learned before but now you’re too rusty
All of those problems: not a problem!
Join the Chinese 30×30 Challenge
The goal of the challenge: make Mandarin manageable.
In just 30 minutes per day for 30 days, you’ll be able to:
- Identify 40 common radicals so you can read Chinese characters
- Recognize all 400+ pinyin syllables so you can refine your pronunciation & type and text in Chinese characters
- Decipher the 5 Chinese tones so you’ll never mistake mā (mother) for mǎ (horse)
What even are radicals, tones, and pinyin? So glad you asked.
Our Chinese course designer Lei Zeng gave a 30-minute crash course. Be sure to watch to get her top tips from more than a decade of teaching Chinese to adult professionals. 👇
How to take on the challenge
The 30×30 Challenge is self-guided, so you can start any time. All learning materials are in the CL-150 Platform, so you only need two things to join the challenge:
- An active CL-150 account: The three beginner courses assigned in the guide can be found in the “Browse” tab of the CL-150 learning portal.
- A copy of the 30×30 Guide: Request a copy of the 30×30 Guide using the form below. It lays out the learning plan for each day. Print it out and mark off days as you go to stay accountable!