Indovinello Posted by Serena on Sep 15, 2010 in Uncategorized
Seems to me that it’s time for a little indovinello (quiz). In order to answer most of these questions you’ll need to do a search for the appropriate older blog. Simply copy the search word given for each question (highlighted in blue) and paste it into the box that says ‘enter search terms’ at the top right of my blog page, click on the magnifying glass symbol and you should find what you are looking for.
Apologies to those of you who tried the previous version of this blog in which the links didn’t work.
Allora raggazzi, ci siamo?
1. which word describes the strident noise made by the cicala?
2. who or what are ‘The Priest Stranglers’?
3. when and where might you see the following warning sign ‘Obbligo di catene a bordo’?
4. how would you write ‘forty third anniversary’ in Italian?
5. finish this funny proverb ‘chi canta a tavola ……………………….’
6. what was ‘Il Bollettino della Vittoria’?
7. how would you say in Italian ‘I was afraid that Michele wouldn’t be able to get to the station on time’?
8. what is the preferred diet of Euscorpius?
9. what was the Giro d’Italia competitor Luigi Malabrocca famous for?
10. now write in Italian ‘If I had studied all of Serena’s blogs carefully I would have known all the answers’
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.