LearnArabicwith Us!Start Learning!
A pronoun is a noun or word that refers to any of the three persons;
1- The first person pronouns ضمائر المتكلم referring to the person speaking.
2- The second person pronouns ضمائر المخاطب referring to the person addressed.
3- The third person pronouns ضمائر الغائب referring to the absent person or thing.
Types of Pronouns
There are two types of pronouns.
(1) The Visible Pronoun الضمير البارز
– It is a pronoun that is stated in the sentence. It has a physical existence. You have to write
it either as a separate word or as a suffix attached to another word.
(2) The Invisible pronoun الضمير المستتر
– It is not stated in the sentence. It has no physical existence but it is understood from
context. Its meaning is implied in the sentence; it is just hidden.
Types of the Visible Pronouns
The Visible (written or spoken) pronoun has two forms. It can be :
(1) The Separate Pronoun الضمير المنفصل
This type has two sub-categories according to the job it does in the sentence. So we have:
A) Subject Pronoun ( ضمير رفع (فاعل which in turn can be :
(Note: These pronouns act as the Subject of a sentence and are written as separate words.)
B) Object Pronoun ( ضمير نصب ( مفعول which in turn can be :
(Note: These pronouns act as the Object of a sentence and are written as separate words.)
Next Time, We will discuss the other type of the Visible pronouns :
The Attached Suffix Pronouns.
Check us back soon
Peace سلام /Salam/