Open CL-150 Cohort Lessons – Week 2 Posted by meaghan on Mar 24, 2020 in For Instructors, For Learners, For Program Managers
If COVID-19 is disrupting your language program, we’d like to help.
Last week we announced Open CL-150 Cohorts to help US Government language programs meet challenges presented by COVID-19. For at least four weeks, we will release all 36 of that week’s Cohort lessons for use by any learner, sustainer, or instructor in the US Government language community. While these open lessons don’t include any data tracking, they do provide two hours of current, relevant, level-appropriate learning materials for learners at ILR 2, 2+, and 3. You can find the first week of open lessons here, and this week’s brand new lessons are listed below. Please share with anyone you think might benefit.
Note: Those of you already using the CL-150 Platform for yourself or your program can ignore this! You already have access to each week’s lessons via the CL-150 Platform, and you should continue the same way.
For others, we hope these open lessons provide a bridge to learners and classes going remote in a hurry. As you cross that bridge, we know many of you will be thinking about longer-term solutions for remote learning and instruction. If you’re concerned about losing visibility into learner activity and progress, creating and assigning virtual learning materials, or efficiently providing effective remote instruction at scale, we encourage you to explore the CL-150 Platform and learn more about how we can help you seamlessly transition to more remote-centric acquisition and sustainment.
We’re here to help: email@example.com.
Find your Cohort Lesson from the list below or via the downloadable PDF*.
*Reminder, if you have a CL-150 account, please log in and access this week’s Cohort lesson from your Learning Path so your learning time is tracked and reported!
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Bus Station Project in Baghdad – Part I (Economy/IMN General)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: The Development of Agriculture in Iraq (Agriculture/AltaghierTV)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: The Controversial Role of Al-Sadr in Iraq Protests– Part I (Politics/Zagros TV)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Hashish Legislation in Lebanon (Politics/Elnashra TV/Lebanese)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: Inheritance Rights for Females in Jordan (Society/alghadnewspaper/Jordanian)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: The Joint List’s Influence on Forming a Government (Politics/Musawah Channel/Palestinian)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Africa Cup of Nations Matches in Egypt – Part III (Society/Masrawy)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: What Worries Arab Women Now? (Society/BBC)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: The Six Pillars of the Arab Tyrant (Politics/IndependentArabia)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Green Health QR Code Residents of Hubei China Can Travel Now (Security/ChinaDaily)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: China Shows Mass Military Mobilization During the Battle Against the Epidemic (Military/cnr)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: PLA Air Force Transport Aircraft Sends Medics to Wuhan (Military/cnr.cn)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: World Oil Prices Today (Economy / Eslahatnews)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: Are Iranian G-Plus Phones Worth Buying? (Technology/Fasletejarat)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: How Do the Hoarders Think in the Days of Crisis? (Economy/IRNA)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Uniper Care Will Provide Communicational Infrastructure for Coronavirus Patients (Technology/Maariv)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: Fear of Economic Recession – Interview with CEO and Founder of Mellanox (Economy/Globes)
- ILR 3, 03/23/30: The Past Shows That Minority Governments Do Not Make It (Israel Hayom/Politics)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Tree-Planting Campaign (Economy/Chosun TV/North Korea)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: When He Visited Myohyang Mountain (Culture/Chosun TV/North Korea)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: Being United As One Mind – Part 2 (Politics/Uriminzokkiri /North Korea)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Four Men Sentenced to Death in Kabul (Society/Enikass Radio)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: Hillary Clinton: Any Afghan Peace Talks Must Include Women (Politics/Ariana News)
- ILR 3, 03/23/30: Politicians Games and the Afghan Public Concerns (Politics/Taand)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Imran Khan Goes to Qatar on a One-Day Official Visit (Politics/Enikass Radio)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: The World Health Organization Has Announced the Coronavirus as a Global Pandemic (Science/Deewa Radio)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: Who Benefits from Pak-Afghan Economic Relations? Part Two (Economy/Rohi)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Constitutional Amendment Bill (Politics/Tass)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: Actions In Case of Virus And Crisis (Society/snob)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: Valentina Tereshkova’e New Flight (Politics/vedomosti)
Spanish, Latin American
- ILR 2, 03/23/30: A Fire Devastates Voting Machines in Venezuela (Politics/El País)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/20: New Evidence of Vote-buying in Colombia (Society/TeleSur)
- ILR 3, 03/23/20: Stop Violence Against Women (Society/Excelsior)
- ILR 2, 03/23/20: Pakistani Pilot Dies After F-16 Crashes During Rehearsal (Military/NeoNetwork)
- ILR 2+, 03/23/30: Veteran Pakistani Comedy King Amanullah Khan Passes Away (Society/DW)
- ILR 3, 03/23/30: Women’s Rights and Social Behavior (Society/Jang News)