Open CL-150 Cohort Lessons – Week 4 Posted by meaghan on Apr 7, 2020 in For Instructors, For Learners, For Program Managers
On March 17 we announced Open CL-150 Cohorts to help US Government language programs meet challenges presented by COVID-19.
For the next several weeks, we will release all 36 of that week’s Cohort lessons for use by any learner, sustainer, or instructor in the US Government language community. You can find prior weeks’ lessons here:
In this week’s list, you’ll notice something new: COVID-19 lessons. In addition to the usual weekly lessons, our Cohort team is publishing lessons based on authentic, pandemic-related news reports from around the world, so your learners/sustainers can see how it is being covered in the target region and build the vocabulary needed to discuss it in the target language. These special lessons will be published in most Cohort languages, as well as some non-Cohort languages (including German and Brazilian Portuguese). We’ll continue sharing the COVID-19 lessons in each week’s list throughout the month of April.
Curious how we’re creating so many lessons so quickly? We invite you to explore the CL-150 Lesson Authoring tool, which empowers instructors and curriculum developers to quickly create, assign, and track high-powered lessons in 130+ languages–customization at scale. If your organization already has CL-150 Platform access and your team needs training on the Lesson Authoring tool, you can find help videos and tutorials, or submit a training request form in the CL-150 Training Kit.
Have questions? We’re here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find your Cohort Lesson from the list below or via the downloadable PDF*.
*Note: Those of you already using the CL-150 Platform for yourself or your program should ignore this. You already have access to each week’s lessons via the CL-150 Platform, and you should continue the same way.
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: New Stadium in Baghdad (Society/IMN General)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Coronavirus Spread among Iraqi Shiites (Politics/Twitter)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: The Nomination of Prime Minister in Iraq – Part I (Politics/Zagros TV)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: How to Keep Your Family Safe (Science/Alam/Palestinian)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: As if Earth is Taking a Break (Environment/Elnashra TV/Lebanese)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: The Coronavirus and Digital Spying (Security/Nadim Koteich/Lebanese Levantine)
- COVID-19 News, 03/24/20: Can Malaria Treatment Drugs Help in the Coronavirus Fight? (Science/Elnashra TV/Lebanese)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: The Infiltration of Coronavirus to Jordan (Alarabiya/Science)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Bread Distribution in Jordan during the Curfew (Society/CNN)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Chaos and Destruction in Iraq since the American Invasion (Politics/Alarab)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Taiwan Tests Its Military’s Combat Readiness Against China’s Aerial Invasion (Military/cts.com.tw)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Would You Like This Chinese Song, “Mobile Cabin Hospitals are So Amazing”? (Culture/creaders)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Life in China after the Quarantine (Culture/ljsw.io)
- COVID-19 News, 03/30/20: Chinese Social Distancing, Ling Jiechu (Society/gmw)
- COVID-19 News, 04/04/20: China Orders Asymptomatic Patients into Quarantine for 14 Days (Security/cnr.cn)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Let’s Look at This Nowruz With a Different Perspective (Environment/Hamshahrionline)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Will the Massive Meteor Destroy the Earth in Another Two Months? (Science/IRNA)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: The Government’s Big Hoax on Retirees (Society/Negaam)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Facebook Post About New Restrictions Due to Coronavirus (Facebook/Society)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Asking for Aid for Refugee Children on Facebook (Facebook/Society)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Review of “Yassu!”: A Mix of Slogans (Culture/Israel Hayom)
- COVID-19 News, 03/31/20: Rights of Coronavirus Patients (Economy/Maariv)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20, International COVID-19 News (Society/KNCA)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: New Invention (Science/Uriminzokkiri)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: History and Coronavirus (Politics/Tongilvoice)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Abdullah: Continuing US Assistance is of Special Importance to Afghans (Politics/Tolo News)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: The US is Disappointed in Ghani and Abdullah–Pompeo (Politics/Ariana News)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Afghanistan’s Fragile Political Situation (Politics/Taand)
- COVID-19 News, 03/30/20: The Capacity of Laboratories to Diagnose the Coronavrius in the Country is Increasing (Society/Tolo News)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Closure of Tandoors (bread shops) Across Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (Economy/TNN Pashto)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Imran Khan: Political Leaders Should Review the Country’s Complete Lockdown Due to Coronavirus (Science/Mashaal Radio)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Be Responsible! (Society/Rohi News)
- COVID-19 News, 03/31/20: Chloroquine, a Shot in the Dark Against COVID-19 (Science/Época)
- COVID-19 News, 04/03/20: Coronavirus Cases in Brazil (Environment/Globo G1)
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: Religion in Russia (Security/Newsru)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Medical Centers from Ministry of Defense (Military/rg)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Virus and Global Politics (Politics/kommersant)
- COVID-19 News, 04/01/20: Coronavirus in Russia (Economy/Segodnya)
Spanish, Latin American
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: USA Offers $15 Million Reward Nicolas Maduro (Security/ABC)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Cartels Most Affected by Coronavirus (Security/La Verdad)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: The Venezuelan Pandemic (Politics/El carabobeño)
- COVID-19 News, 03/30/20: Michoacán’s Medical Interns Go on Strike (Society/La Voz de Michoacán)
- COVID-19 News, 04/03/20: Mexico Appeals to Citizens to Circumvent Coronavirus (Society/El País
- ILR 2, 04/06/20: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (Culture/Facebook)
- ILR 2+, 04/06/20: Simon Taufel: Victim of Terrorist Attack is in Pakistan Again (Culture/BBC Urdu)
- ILR 3, 04/06/20: Forestation and Pakistan (Environment/Hamari Web)
- COVID-19 News, 04/01/20: Islamabad Doctor Diagnosed with Corona Virus (Culture/BBC Urdu)
Edit: You can now access Week 5 lessons.