Open CL-150 Cohort Lessons – Week 3 Posted by meaghan on Mar 31, 2020 in For Instructors, For Learners, For Program Managers
On March 17 we announced Open CL-150 Cohorts to help US Government language programs meet challenges presented by COVID-19.
For the next several weeks, we will release all 36 of that week’s Cohort lessons for use by any learner, sustainer, or instructor in the US Government language community. While these open lessons don’t include any data tracking, they do provide two hours of current, relevant, level-appropriate learning materials for learners at ILR 2, 2+, and 3. You can find the first week of open lessons here, the second week here, and this week’s brand new lessons in the list below. Please share with anyone you think might benefit.
Note: Those of you already using the CL-150 Platform for yourself or your program should ignore this. You already have access to each week’s lessons via the CL-150 Platform, and you should continue the same way.
Weekly CL-150 Cohort lessons are just one piece of the CL-150 Platform. There are tools for class management, lesson authoring, vocabulary refresh, and integrated reporting that ties it all together to increase visibility. If your language program does not already participate, we encourage you to join the ever-growing CL-150 community and explore how the CL-150 Platform can help you seamlessly transition to more remote-centric acquisition and sustainment.
Have questions? We’re here to help: email@example.com.
Find your Cohort Lesson from the list below or via the downloadable PDF*.
*Reminder, if you have a CL-150 account, please log in and access this week’s Cohort lesson from your Learning Path so your learning time is tracked and reported!
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Bus Station Project in Baghdad – Part II (Economy/IMN General)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Tour in the Ruins of the Iraqi City of Babylon (Culture/AlforatTV)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: The Controversial Role of Al-Sadr in Iraq Protests– Part II (Politics/Zagros TV)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Prices of Masks and Sterilizers Rise (Society/Roya News/Jordanian)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Rawabi Takes Precautionary Measures Because of Coronavirus (Security/Wattan News Agency/Palestinian)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Domestic Violence in Arab Societies (Society/Roya TV/Jordanian)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: The Diplomatic Neighborhood in Riyadh (Society/Abunawaf)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: “Dragon Storm” in Eight Arab Countries (Environment/AA)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Do Arabs, Indians and Africans Have Immunity against Corona? (Science/Alhurra)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: ‘Wuhan Shake’- New Greetings Around the World to Avoid Handshake (Society/singtao.ca/Traditional)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Online Learning vs Traditional Onsite Learning: Which Is Better? (Society/ chinanews)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Was the Wuhan Virus Artificially Intervened? (Science/ntdtv)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: The Parliament Representative: Declares Martial Law (Society/Hamshahrionline)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Syria; Bogus Consultants Are Returned Horizontally (Military/Iranpressnews)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Leader of the Revolution: Corona Is a Temporary Issue in Iran (Science/Eslahatnews)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Scouting Groups of the Society for the Protection of Nature (Environment/SPNI)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Gett and Yango Will Focus on Delivery (Economy/Calcalist)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: The Next Government Must Revive Dying Agriculture Sector (Economy/Maariv)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Increasing Corona Virus (Society/Chosun TV/North Korea)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Our Country Seen From Outside (Politics/Chosun TV/North Korea)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: South Korea’s Conservative Party (Politics/Uriminzokkiri /North Korea)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: UN Calls for Children’s Rights Protection in Peace Talks (Society/Tolo News)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: US: Parallel Governments Will Harm the People of Afghanistan (Politics/Azadi Radio)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Is it Coronavirus or a Trade War Between the US and China? (Economy/Taand)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Pakistan Releases Pashtun Rescue Movement Leader Manzoor Pashteen (Politics/Azadi Radio)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: How Can You Protect Yourself from the Coronavirus? (Science/Deewa Radio)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: A King Imposes Fine on Telling a Lie (Society/Enikass Radio)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Launch of the Luna-24 Spacecraft (Society/Aif)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: 55 Years Since the First Spacewalk (Science/tvkultura)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: Virtual Exhibitions (Technology/vedomosti)
Spanish, Latin American
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: Venezuelan Armed Forces Implements Social Quarantine (Military/El Carabobeno)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: Colombia Closes Its Borders (Society/El Heraldo)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: A Virus That Reigns With Its Own Crown (Society/Noticiero Digital)
- ILR 2, 03/30/20: How to Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer (Environment/Facebook)
- ILR 2+, 03/30/20: 7th Death Anniversary of 1965 War Hero (Security/Hamari Web)
- ILR 3, 03/30/20: We Have to fight with Corona Together (Society/Daily Urdu Columns)
Update: You can now also access the Week 4 lessons.