The star signs in English Posted by carol on Aug 31, 2018 in Culture, English Language, English Vocabulary
Hello, my dear readers!
How are you feeling today? Are you in a good mood or in a bad mood? How have things been working out for you this friday? And do you think the position of the planets have anything to do with that?
Some people are really into talking about star signs. Whether you believe in astrology or not, that ideia that our star signs can determine important characteristics of our personalities and even provide some predicitions about our future can arouse a lot of curitiosity, in addition to being a rather common and popular topic in bars.
Today’s post will show you guys how to refer to sings in English. It is a way to practice that language so you can take to opportunity to talk to your friends about. So trust the stars and let’s go!
The star signs
How to ask and answer about signs?
- What is your sign?
- What sign are you?
- What is your rising sign?
- When were you born?
- My sign is _____
- My rising sign is _____
- I am a/an _____
- rising sign
- birth chart
- date of birth
- four elements
- earth, wind, fire, water
Now let’s read some examples that are related to signs:
- I like to start my mornings reading the horoscope
- Do you know anybody that can calculate my birth chart?
- Many people don’t believe in astrology
- My mom likes everything very organized, she is a virgo
- They say that gemini and pisces aren’t a good match
- I am an aries, so I consider myself a very determined person
- Both my brothers are capricorn
- Although I am a scorpio, my rising sign is aquarius, which kind of balances things out
- Kim Kardashian, Will Smith and Bruno Mars are famous libra
What about you, what is your sign?
Would you like to try reading your horoscope in English? Check out these websites below:
Regardless of what the horoscope might say, have a great week!