Indian Recipes – Aloo Palak Posted by Nitin Kumar on Jan 27, 2016 in Hindi Language
Aloo Palak is a very popular and easy vegetarian dish. In this dish, the spinach is cut into small pieces and are cooked with potatoes, onion, turmeric, ginger, green and whole red chilies and coriander.
So what are you waiting for, let’s make this delicious dish at home.
Recipe Servings : 3
Recipe Cook Time : 30 min (Cook time: 15 minutes and preparation time is 15 minutes)
1 1/2 cups boiled, peeled and chopped potatoes (आलू – Aloo)
4 cups finely chopped spinach ( पालक – Palak )
3 tbsp oil ( तेल – Tel)
1 tsp cumin seeds ( जीरा – Jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida ( हींग – Heng)
1 tsp chopped garlic ( लहसुन – Lehsun)
1 tsp chopped ginger ( अदरक – Aadrak)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies ( हरी मिर्च – Hari Mirch)
2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies ( लाल मिर्च – Lal Mirch) , broken into pieces
2 tsp coriander ( धनिया – Dhania) powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder ( हल्दी – Haldi)
Salt ( नमक – Namak) to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chillies, red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minute.
- Add the potatoes, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving you could garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti (रोटी) or Naan (नान) or Basmati rice (चावल).