Indian Recipes – Chana Masala Posted by Nitin Kumar on Apr 20, 2016 in Hindi Language
Chana Masala is a very popular and easy vegetarian north Indian dish. In this dish, the chickpeas are used and are cooked with potatoes, onion, turmeric, ginger, green and whole red chilies and coriander.
So what are you waiting for, let’s make this delicious dish at home.
Recipe Servings : 7
Recipe Cook Time : 40 min (Cook time: 25 minutes and preparation time is 15 minutes)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 medium onions (peeled and minced)
1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
6 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
1 cup water
4 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons ground roasted cumin seeds
1 tablespoon amchoor powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garam masala
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
1 fresh, hot green chili pepper (minced)
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté over a medium heat until onions turn golden brown (4-5 minutes).
- Turn heat to medium-low.
- Add the coriander, cumin, cayenne and turmeric.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes until browned lightly and lose sweet taste.
- Add chickpeas and a cup of water and stir.
- Add the roasted cumin, amchoor powder, paprika, garam masala powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover add the minced chili and ginger.
- Stir and cook uncovered for 30 seconds.
- Serve with boiled basamati rice or naan bread.
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.