Some Fascinating Facts about the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi – Part 2 Posted by jesa on Feb 14, 2014 in Arabic Language
Marhaba! I hope you had the time to tune in and watch any of the games at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. If you have not, I encourage you again to take a look! I am confident you found the listening comprehension exercise from the previous post interesting and useful.
In this post, I present you with the answers. I am also sharing a video of my favorite game at the Olympics: the biathlon competition! It combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting. It’s a training video and really captures how hard this competition really is! If you want to watch any of the games, I really encourage you to watch this game!
1. غابت الدورات الاولمبية عن روسيا اربعة وثلاثين عاما.
1. The Olympics were last held in Russia 34 years ago.
2. بلغت تكاليف دورة الالعاب الاولمبية الشتوية خمسين مليار دولار (وقد اعتبرت الاغلى بتاريخ الاولمبياد).
2. The cost of the Winter Olympic Games reached 50 billion dollars (and it has been considered the most expensive in the history of the Olympics).
3. تُقيم روسيا الدورة وسط اجراءات امنية مُشددة وقد تحوّلَت المدينة الى قلعة حصينة منقطعة عن العالم.
3. Russia is holding the Games amidst heightened security measures, and the city has been transformed into a fortified fortress cut out from the rest of the world.
4. رفض الرئيس بوتين ايقاظ الشعلة الاولمبية في حفل الافتتاح لكونه ليس رياضيّاً.
4. President Putin has refused to light the Olympic flame at the Opening Ceremony because he is not an athlete.
5. يشارك في الدورة نحو ستّة آلاف رياضي من حوالي تسعين دولة.
5. Participating in the Games are about 6,000 athletes from around 90 countries.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts.
Have a nice day!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.