LearnArabicwith Us!Start Learning!
Marhaba! First of all, allow me to wish you all Adha Mubarak (أضحى مبارك)! Today, I am sharing a video from Al Arabiya news station that discusses why October 2013 is proving to be the coldest month of the year for many Arabs in the Middle East. Rather than provide you with a reading comprehension exercise, today I have decided to provide you with a listening comprehension exercise. After presenting the video, I have some questions for you to answer. I reiterate that reading and listening comprehension exercises are extremely important for practicing Arabic, and in time, can you help out immensely in learning Arabic. With practice I am confident you will be able to listen to native Arabic speakers discuss common topics of interest as well as read and understand different texts, phrases, and passages. As always, I will give you all some time to work on your answers and then I will post the answers to the questions.
1. What is the main idea/ comment that the weather reporter is trying to say about this October?
2. What is the year the reporter mentions as being the record low that this October of 2013 is breaking?
3. Where is the drop in the temperature occurring geographically and which other adjacent countries is it affecting?
4. Which areas of Saudi Arabia are still experiencing high temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius?
5. What is the condition of the weather on the Eastern Mediterranean (Syria, Jordan and Lebanon)?
Stay tuned for the answers and upcoming posts.
Have a nice day!