Un matrimonio in Italia Posted by Bridgette on Mar 10, 2022 in News
Ciao a tutti!
A few years back I wrote about Italian weddings after having the pleasure of attending one in Modena, Emilia-Romagna. If you’d like to check it out, I’ll link it here ⬇ (It’s strictly in Italian, so good practice!)
Today I read that in the region of Lazio, officials are offering up to 2,000 euros to couples who want to get married in Italy’s capital region. According to their website, the money can be sent on any of the following:
- acquisto di bomboniere;
- noleggio auto da cerimonia;
- acquisto abito e accessori da cerimonia (sposo o sposa);
- addobbo floreale;
- servizi di catering e ristorazione (massimo 700 euro);
- servizi alla persona legati al giorno del matrimonio, quali acconciatura e trucco;
- viaggio di nozze (massimo 700 euro);
- affitto sale e location per cerimonia e banchetto;
- servizi di riprese video e book fotografico;
- servizi di animazione, intrattenimento, spettacolo;
- servizio di wedding planner;
- acquisto fedi nuziali;
- stampa delle partecipazioni.
- purchase of wedding favors;
- ceremony car rental;
- purchase of formal dress and accessories (groom or bride);
- floral arrangement;
- catering and restaurant services (maximum 700 euros);
- personal services related to the wedding day, such as hairstyle and make-up;
- honeymoon (maximum 700 euros);
- rental of rooms and locations for ceremonies and banquets;
- video shooting and photographic book services;
- animation, entertainment, show services;
- wedding planner service;
- purchase of wedding rings;
- news announcements
The catch is: the money must be spent on Lazio-based companies. This is a clever way to use Covid relief funds to help the local economy and businesses who’ve surely lost a lot of past revenues in cancelled weddings and events. The campaign is called Nel Lazio Con Amore (In Lazio with Love). As explained further online:
Con 10 milioni di euro aiutiamo le coppie e sosteniamo le imprese dalla filiera del wedding, particolarmente colpite dalla crisi: agenzie di viaggi, ristoranti e catering, fotografi, wedding planner, imprese di eventi, confezioni di abiti da cerimonia, fiorai, servizi alla persona, ecc.
With 10 million euros we help couples and support companies from the wedding supply chain, particularly affected by the crisis: travel agencies, restaurants and catering, photographers, wedding planners, event companies, wedding dress packaging, florists, personal services , etc.
Some quick math tells us that this campaign will help 5,000 couples, Italian or foreign, make their dream wedding come true all while pumping money into the local economy, che genio.
So where would you get married in Lazio if you had the choice and were looking? There’s Rome of course, but also Lake Bracciano, Lake Bolsena, Tivoli, or maybe even Civita di Bagnoregio. Scrivetemi sotto!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.