LearnKoreanwith Us!Start Learning!
Today’s post is on 의성어 or onomatopoeias. I’d say that some of these are close to the English version, while others are radically different.
1) 쾅 – is a sound that is made something hits the ground. Like for example, if you fall down the stairs and your head hits the floor.
2) 멍멍 – is the sound of a dog barking.
3) 꿀꿀 – is the sound of a pig. Kind of like oink, oink.
4) 딩동댕 – the sound of a doorbell. Like ding dong.
5) 개골개골 – the sound a frog makes. Like ribbit ribbit.
6) 짹짹 – this sound is a cute sound made by birds. Like tweet, tweet.
7) 송송 – is the sound made when food is being finely chopped with a knife.
8) 콜콜콜 – is the sound of someone snoring or sleeping. Like zzz…
9) 부르릉 – the sound the engine of a car makes. Like vroooom.
10) 야옹 – the sound a cat makes. Like meouw.
11) 똑똑 – is the sound of water dripping. Like drip drop.
12) 캐캐캐 – is the sound of laughter. Like hahaha.
13) 꿀꺽꿀꺽 – is the sound of gulping water.
14) 냠냠 – is the sound of chewing food.
15) 똑딱똑딱 – is the sound of a clock ticking.