No more lines at the Polish consulate while applying for passport Posted by Kasia on Nov 30, 2019 in Countries, Culture, Government, Regulations
Few years ago I flew to New York to renew my Polish passport. I was pregnant, it was hot and I definitely did not expect to stand in line at the Polish consulate for few hours, before I was able to file my form…
I bet a lot of you know the pain! My friend who lives in New York came to the consulate with me. We got there fairly early in the morning and I could not believe how long the line outside of the building was…I almost faded just thinking about the long hours ahead of me, but being pregnant of course had a lot to do with me not feeling well at the same time. It was a really hot day.
Fortunately, people in front of me were super nice. It was obvious that I was pregnant and they let me go ahead of them, so I can at least get inside of the building and be inside with ac going. It still took me about 2 hours to stand in line once inside of the building. But if not my cute baby inside me, I probably would have been there most of the day.
Well, I have to take a trip to New York again sometimes soon to do the same thing. I wasn’t really looking forward to it, until I found out that there are no more lines at the Polish consulate!!! Now you can register your visit online, with a specific date and time! All you have to do is to show up on time! Awesome:)
All you have to do is visit this website. The links to register your visit online are on the right site of the website and they are very easy to use. The website explains everything:
“To register, go to: www.e-konsulat.gov.pl
- Once you access www.e-konsulat.gov.pl, select the desired diplomatic facility:Country/Region – USA
Diplomatic mission – New York
- Next, from the menu on the left, select the option: Visits => Passport matters.
- After reviewing the registration guidelines, use the section, “I want to reserve the date for” to indicate the number of passport applicants.
- Next, select the available date and time for your visit.
- In the “passport appointment form” in “contact data”, enter the details of the person making the reservation:Note: Make sure you enter the correct information. Entering an email address is optional, but if such an address is provided, the addressee will receive an e-mail confirmation of the pre-arranged appointment. (The field “case description” can be left blank).
- Under “appointment concerns” select the type of passport case to discuss at the Consulate by checking the appropriate box.
- Enter the details of the person(s) applying for a passport.Note: Providing the Personal ID Number (PESEL) is optional. The e-mail address is also optional (if not providing an e-mail, input any character under the heading “e-mail”).
- Select “Continue”.
- If all the information is correct, the program will redirect you to another page where you must click “save” to confirm the date and time of your appointment.
- You can download, save and/or print the appointment confirmation (pdf file). The confirmation will also be sent to your e-mail address. You should save the form number and registration code. They will be necessary if you decide to cancel your appointment.
If you cannot keep the appointment, please cancel it as follows:
- To cancel your appointment, go to www.e-konsulat.gov.pl and from the menu on the left , under “Consulate appointments”, select “Cancel appointment”.
- You will need to enter the following information on the cancellation form (the following information provided with the appointment confirmation):form numer
- After entering the above data, click “Cancel appointment”.”
Once I do it myself, I will definitely let all of you know how it went and how smooth the process was. I also would love to hear from all of you who have done it recently, using online scheduling!
Want to hear more? Sign up for one of our newsletters!
For more language learning advice, free resources, and information about how we can help you reach your language goals, select the most relevant newsletter(s) for you and sign up below.