Swedish Language Blog

Thank you! Please check your inbox for your confirmation email.
You must click the link in the email to verify your request.

Language examinations in Sweden Posted by on Jul 3, 2017 in education, Living in Sweden, Swedish Language

Most of you are familiar with international language examinations like the English IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, or for example the Spanish DELE. In Sweden we have two internationally recognized language examinations with two different purposes:

-TISUS stands for Test in Swedish for Universities and it is available few times a year both in Sweden and some other foreign countries. This language exam makes it possible for you to enter Swedish higher education courses and programs in Swedish language. Please, bear in mind that proficiency in English will also be required at all Swedish universities. Parts of Tisus:


Writing Speaking

Read more here about the parts included 

For more information you may contact your local Swedish Embassy.

KOMVUX exam SAS 3 is another way of taking courses and a final exam in the end to be eligible to Swedish higher education. In order to take part of there continuous courses you need to have a Swedish personal number.

-SWEDEX is a language examinations that aiming at the foreign labour force in Sweden i.e. this is a language examination that is required when it comes to seeking job on the Swedish job market.

Swedex is a unique, internationally viable Swedish language exam designed by Folkuniversitetet. Anyone whose mother tongue is not Swedish may take the exam, which relates to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the European Council’s level scale for language learning. From 2011 it is possible to take the exam at three levels: A2, B1 and B2. Swedex is approved by the government body the Swedish Institute and can be taken irrespective of how you have learnt Swedish.

The language examination can be taken in other countries as well see the list here 


Tags: , , ,
Share this:
Pin it