The Most Important Facts about the 2016 Summer Olympics in Arabic (2) Posted by jesa on Aug 7, 2016 in Arabic Language, Culture
Marhaba! I am confident you found the reading comprehension exercise on the ongoing Summer Olympics in Rio useful and interesting. I am following some of the competitions, and I am always happy with how graceful most athletes celebrate victory and accept defeat. Today, I am sharing the answers to the previous questions in the reading comprehension post. I hope you share my passion in learning about the latest developments in the world in Arabic. Learning to discuss recent developments is very important step in your learning journey. Dear Arabic lovers, always stay tuned for interesting posts, exercises, and recipes in the near future.
1) World peace and the environment.
السلام العالمي والبيئة
2) The 1916, 1940, and 1944 tournaments were canceled because of the world’s preoccupation with wars.
ان دورات 1916 و1940 و1944 الغيت لانشغال العالم بالحروب
3) Around 3 billion viewers.
نحو 3 مليارات مشاهد
4) It took five years of preparation.
استغرق اعداده 5 سنوات
5) Participating in the tournament are 10,500 athletes (male and female) representing 207 teams, including one team for refugees.
يشارك في فعاليات الدورة 10,500 رياضيا ورياضية يمثلون 207 فريقا بمن فيهم فريق اللاجئين
6) Translate the following sentence to English:
“وبدأ الحفل باستعراض للالعاب النارية وعرض راقص شارك فيه الآلاف يروي قصة نشوء البرازيل تلاه استعراض الفرق المشاركة في الاولمبياد”
The ceremony started with fireworks and a dance show in which thousands participated, chronicling the story of the inception of Brazil, followed by the parade for the Olympics participating teams.
For now take care and stay tuned for upcoming posts!
Have a nice day!!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.