LearnArabicwith Us!Start Learning!
Types of the Khabar أنواع الخبر
The Khabar can be any of the following types:
1) A Singular Predicate خبر مفرد :
The Khabar can be a singualr noun which means that it is not a sentence nor a semi-sentence;
e.g. – الكتابُ صديقٌ = The book is a friend.
– النصرُ قريبٌ = Victory is near.
– الصحةُ نعمةٌ = Health is a blessing.
– الفريقان متنافسانِ = The two teams are rivals.
–الأمهاتُ رحيماتٌ = Mothers are merciful.
(Note that the Predicate here is the same in number and gender as its subject.)
2) A Sentence (Jomlah) جملة :
The Khabar can by itself be a sentence. This sentence of the Khabar has two types:
A) Nominal Sentence (Jomlah Ismiyah)جملة اسمية
It is that sentence that starts with a noun and a pronoun that refers back to the first subject (the Mubtada)
e.g. – الشعرُ أساسُهُ العاطفة = The essence of poetry is emotion. .
– السيارةُ سعرُها مرتفعٌ = The Price of the car is high.
B) Verbal Sentence (Jomlah fi’liyyah) جملة فعلية
The predicate can be a Verbal sentence which means that it can be a sentence that starts with a verb and a pronoun that must refer back to the first subject.
e.g. – السعادةُ تنبعُ من الداخلِ = Happiness arises from the inside.
– الولد يلعبُ الكرةَ = The boy is playing football.
– الرجلانِ شاركا فى الحرب = The two men participated in the war.
– المصريون يصنعون التاريخ – The Egyptians are making history.
(Note that the sentence of the predicate must contain a pronoun that must agree with the Mubtada in gender and number)
3) A Phrasal Predicate (Khabar Shib’h Jomlah) خبر شبه جملة :
This kind of predicate is that which contains a preposition or an adverb.
This Khabar often comes after the subject.
e.g. – الجنةُ تحتَ أقدامِ الأمهاتِ =Paradise is under mothers’ feet.
– كتابُك فى الحقيبةِ = Your book is in the bag.
Check us back soon
Peace سلام / Salam/