LearnArabicwith Us!Start Learning!
Marhaba! Today, I am sharing a video from Al Arabiya news station that discusses how Twitter, the social networking company prepares to go public and sell shares. Similar to what Facebook did in May 2012, Twitter is following the same financial strategy. Today I have decided to provide you with a listening comprehension exercise. After presenting the video, I have some questions for you to answer. I reiterate that reading and listening comprehension exercises are extremely important for practicing Arabic, and in time, can you help out immensely in learning Arabic. With practice I am confident you will be able to listen to native Arabic speakers discuss common topics of interest as well as read and understand different texts, phrases, and passages. As always, I will give you all some time to work on your answers and then I will post the answers to the questions.
1. What is the approximate market price for the Twitter company?
2. Which year was Twitter established as a company?
3. Is Twitter making profits or losing as a company?
4. What is the number of tweets that have been tweeted up till today on Twitter?
5. Who is the celebrity with the most number of followers on Twitter?
6. How many followers does President Obama have on Twitter?
Stay tuned for the answers and upcoming posts.
Have a nice day!