How to say “Why” in Korean? Posted by Soo on Jun 15, 2016 in Uncategorized
Today, you are going to learn how to say “Why” in Korean, it is very simple and useful. Why is 왜/wae in Korean, it is usually positioned in front of the sentences. Please read examples below to learn how you can use it.
1. Why? 왜요?/wae yo (Without 요, it is informal way to speak such as speaking to your friend)
2. Why didn’t you do it? 왜 안 했어요?/wae an hat eo yo (Do is 하다, Do not is 안 하다)
3. Why are you running away? 왜 도망가요?/wae do mang ga yo (To run away is 도망가다)
4. Why do you think that so? 왜 그렇게 생각하세요?/ was gu leo gae saeng gak ha sae yo (To think is 생각하다)
5. Why did you have to? 왜 그래야 했죠? / wae gu lae ya hat jo (To have to is 해야하다)
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.