How to Say Dude in Portuguese Posted by Transparent Language on Sep 25, 2007 in Slang
Dude! Man! Mate! Bro!
For many learners who are seeking to speak the informal Portuguese of Brazil, the following vocabulary items are an absolute ‘must.’ Though the terms vary from region to region, a firm grasp of these words will help the casual Portuguese speaker fit in and make friends in no time.
- Cara dude: Rio de Janeiro
- Meu Buddy: São Paulo
- Meu rei Lit: my king; buddy: Bahia
- Mano Bro: São Paulo (and beyond)
- Rapaz Guy: everywhere
- Broder Brother: Bahia, Ipanema and beyond
- Mané Dude (slightly aggressive): Rio de Janeiro
- Malandro Lit: street hustler; Dude: Rio de Janeiro
- Mermão Lit: my brother; Bro: Rio de Janeiro
- Cabra Lit: goat; Dude: Nordeste
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.