Here´s the solution to the quiz I published some days ago. Compare it to yours…
1. How many residents are there approximately in Germany?
About 82,45 Million.
2. Name three rivers in Germany!
Rhein, Donau, Elbe, Neckar, Spree…
3. How many “Bundesländer” are there in Germany? Name three of them, including their capitals.
There are 16 Bundesländer. For example Bayern (München), Niedersachsen (Hannover), Nordrhein-Westfalen (Düsseldorf), Thüringen (Erfurt), Baden-Württemberg (Stuttgart), Sachsen (Dresden), Schleswig-Holstein (Kiel)…
4. What is the name of the highest mountain in Germany?
5. Who is currently Bundeskanzler/in of Germany?
6. Name three neighboring countries of Germany!
France, Denmark, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands…
7. The first republic with a democratic constitution was proclaimed in 1918. What was its name?
8. What was the name of the party that ruled between 1933 and 1945?
NSDAP (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei)
9. What happened on the 8th of May, 1945?
It was the end of World War 2 in Europe.
10. What does DDR mean?
Deutsche Demokratische Republik.
11. When was the German reunification?
In 1990. The fall of the Berlin wall took place in 1989.
12. Which right is protected by Artikel 1 of the German constitution?
The dignity of humans.
13. Which political parties are currently represented in the German Bundestag? Name at least three of them.
CDU, CSU, SPD, Grüne, FDP, Linkspartei.PDS
14. Germany has some important universities. Name three of them!
Heidelberg, Münster, Göttingen…
15. Name one nationwide newspaper and one public TV channel!
Newspapers: “Süddeutsche Zeitung”, “Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung”, “Die Welt”
TV Channels: ARD, ZDF.
16. Name three German actors or actresses!
Muriel Baumeister, Meret Becker, Heike Makatsch, Til Schweiger, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Brühl…well, there are hundreds of others as well
17. Name three German sportspersons!
Michael Schumacher, Oliver Kahn, Dirk Nowitzki, Heike Drechsler…
18. What did Johannes Gutenberg invent?
19. There were two pioneers in automotive engineering in Germany. Do you know their names?
Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler.
20. Do you know the colours of the German flag? And how are they arranged?
Black, red, gold. In this order from top to bottom.