The Failed Coup in Turkey (2) Posted by jesa on Jul 17, 2016 in Arabic Language
Marhaba! I am confident you found the reading comprehension exercise on the failed coup in Turkey interesting and useful. I am following the unfolding developments very closely in the hopes that things will stabilize and become better pretty soon. Today, I am sharing the answers to the previous questions in the reading comprehension post. I hope you enjoyed learning about the latest developments in the world in Arabic. Learning to discuss recent developments is very important in your learning journey. Always stay tuned Arabic lovers for interesting posts, exercises, and recipes in the near future.
وصف الرئيس التركي قادة الانقلاب بـالخونة
1) The Turkish President described the leaders of the coup as traitors.
أعلنت السلطات اعتقال أكثر من 750 عسكريا واعتقال 130 شخصا حتى الآن
2) The authorities announced the arrest of more than 750 soldiers and 130 people at the time.
في مبنى البرلمان في أنقرة
3) In the Parliament building in Ankara.
فتح الله غولن، رجل الدين المسلم الذي يتخذ من الولايات المتحدة مقرا له
4) Fathallah Gulan, the Muslim cleric residing in the United States.
بأن من قاموا بالتحرك من العسكريين سيدفعون الثمن غاليا
5) That those soldiers who partook in the movement will heavily pay the price.
6) Translate the following sentence to English
إن مجموعة داخل الجيش قامت بعمل غير شرعي بعيدا عن قياداتهم، ويجب أن يعلم شعبنا أننا لن نسمح بأي نشاط يضر بالديمقراطية
A group within the army has committed an illegal act separate from their leadership, and our people should know that we will not permit any action that harms democracy.
For now take care and stay tuned for upcoming posts!
Have a nice day!!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.