10 Most Beautiful Mosques in the Arab World Posted by jesa on Sep 19, 2017 in Arabic Language, Culture, Vocabulary
Marhaba! For those of you who have had the privilege of traveling to Arab and Muslim countries, you would know that some of the most beautiful mosques in the world exist in the Arab world. Muslims have prided themselves across centuries and in the times of various rulers, empires, and systems to have built beautiful houses of worship.
Although great mosques exist throughout the Islamic world and all over the world, today I want to share with you 10 of the most beautiful mosques that happen to be in the Arabic speaking world. I hope you have visited or will have time to visit these holy places some day!
- Al-Masjid al-Haram (المسجد الحرم) in Mecca, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Masjid al-Nabawi (المسجد النبوي) in Medina, Saudi Arabia
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque (مسجد الشيخ زايد) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Al-Amin Mosque (مسجد محمد الامين) in Beirut, Lebanon
- Al-Saleh Mosque (مسجد الصالح) in Sanaa, Yemen
- The Umayyad Mosque (المسجد الاموي) in Damascus, Syria
- The State Grand Mosque (مسجد عبد الوهاب) in Doha, Qatar
- Hasan II Mosque (مسجد حسن الثاني) in Casablanca, Morocco
- Al-Azhar Mosque (مسجد الازهر) in Cairo, Egypt
- Al-Aqsa Mosque (مسجد الاقصى) in Jerusalem
For now take care and stay tuned for upcoming posts!
Have a nice day!!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.