The World Mourns: Goodbye Nelson Mandela-Part 2 Posted by jesa on Dec 8, 2013 in Arabic Language, Culture
Marhaba! To this very moment, millions are still showing their respect to the great Nelson Mandela through different social media outlets, such as Twitter and Facebook. I am confident you found the video in the previous post interesting. Such news videos allow you to get immersed in an Arabic conversation. I am certain you have all worked hard to answer the questions.
In this post, I present you with the answers. I reiterate that listening comprehension exercises are important because as you have seen they involve listening to native speakers discuss different topics as well as getting a feeling of different dialects in the Arabic language. I find that different types of comprehension exercises are among some of the many smart ways to learn Arabic and are crucially important for learning adeptly. To remember the great Nelson Mandela, I have added video of him dancing with fellow citizens a couple of year ago.
- سبعة وعشرون عام في السجن.
1. 27 years in prison
- ولد في الثامن عشر من يوليو سنة 1918.
2. He was born on July 18, 1918.
- اكتسح منديلا انتخابات الرئاسة عام 1994 بعد ان حصل على نوبل للسلام في العام 1993.
3. Mandela won the presidential elections in 1994 after he had received the Nobel Prize for Peace in 1993.
- اهتم بقضايا عالمية على رأسها السلام, ومناهضة العنصرية, ومحاربة مرض الآيدز.
4. He attended to international issues of which most importantly were peace, fighting racism, and fighting the AIDS disease.
- مثّل منديلا رمز لكفاح الانسان من أجل حقوقه وأيقونة في التسامح والزهد.
5. Mandela represented a symbol for the struggle of man for his rights and a model of forgiveness and self-discipline.
Stay tuned for upcoming posts.
Have a nice day!
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.