10 More Problems Only a Language Lover Will Understand Posted by meaghan on Oct 20, 2014 in Language Learning
I’ve got 99 problems and learning a language ain’t one… but these 10 things are. (So are these 10 things from the first post, in case you missed it.)
One day it will just come out naturally… right?
2. When you try speaking in a foreign language and the other person immediately switches to English.
3. When you’re texting in a foreign language and auto correct isn’t playing nice.
4. When someone tells you that you’re wasting your time learning so many languages.
5. When you’re dying to chime in on a stranger’s conversation in a foreign language, but don’t want to give away that you understand them.
6. When you try to explain some really fascinating aspect of a language to your friends and they Just. Don’t. Care.
7. When someone says “I’m just not good at languages.”
8. When you practice over and over in your mind what you plan to say, then somehow a bunch of nonsense spills out of your mouth.
I swear I actually speak this language…
What an amateur mistake, I should know better.
Can’t stop, won’t stop until you learn them all! With 100+ languages available in Transparent Language Online, we can help you get there. Sign up for a free trial and explore our alphabet courses, vocabulary lists, pronunciation activities, grammar videos, and more!