12 Things Language Learners Like Posted by meaghan on Dec 1, 2014 in Archived Posts
We’ve talked about 10 problems that all language learners face (and 10 more, for good measure), but what about the joys of learning a language? There’s a reason—or 12—that we all love it so much. Here’s our list, now tell us what’s on yours.
1. Having multilingual conversations… with yourself.
We all do it.
You now have the perfect excuse to rewatch all of your favorite children’s movies (dubbed into another language.)
3. Eavesdropping on conversations in another language.
The only thing better than spying on stranger’s conversations is spying in another language. How very Jason Bourne of you.
4. Singing foreign language songs.
Cause you’re the Queen Bey in German.
5. Clicking the “Never Translate” button when your web browser asks if you’d like to translate the page.
Quiet English speaker by day, sassy Portuguese speaker by night.
No seriously, it feels this good.
It’s kind of like teaching your parents to say YOLO.
What they don’t understand won’t hurt them.
10. Using a new word or grammar concept naturally, without having to stop to think about it mid-sentence.
The subjunctive ain’t got nothin’ on you.
11. Laughing at ridiculous translations fails.
We’re looking at YOU, Google Translate.
12. Strategizing about which language to learn next, even though you just started a new one.
With alphabet courses, vocabulary lists, pronunciation activities, grammar videos, and more available in 90+ languages, there’s also a lot to like about Transparent Language Online! Sign up for a free trial and see for yourself.
Build vocabulary, practice pronunciation, and more with Transparent Language Online. Available anytime, anywhere, on any device.