Ch-ch-ch-changes on the Language and Culture Blogs Posted by meaghan on Jun 27, 2016 in Company News, Language Learning, Language News
Welcome to the new Language and Culture blogs. If you’ve perused any of our two dozen+ language and culture blogs in the past few days, you’ve probably noticed a few changes. We’ve redesigned our blog experience with you in mind.
Experience it on the big screen… or the small screen. Read on your desktop, tablet, or phone—it’s all the same, easy-to-navigate design! Widened text margins mean more reading and less scrolling!
Enjoy everything in one place. No more detective work—all of your favorite Transparent Language resources are only one click away. The Word of the Day is now nestled in the sidebar for your daily learning fix and all of our free resources can be accessed from, you guessed it, the Free Resources tab in the header.
Read more of what you like. Enjoying a particular post? There’s more where that came from. Keep scrolling just a tad to see our recommended posts based on what you’re reading. (Or read more of what others like! Trending posts will appear in the new Popular posts widget in the sidebar.)
Find your voice. A new comment tiering system makes it easier to have conversations with the bloggers and with other readers.
Spread the word. New social sharing buttons at the bottom of each post give you a voice—share to Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest and show off what you’re learning.
Keep learning when you’re done reading. Explore our other learning materials via the “Learn with us!” bar or connect with our social media platforms to see what other goodies we share on a daily basis.
Choose a post from our recent favorites (or choose your own) and see the new design in action!
- See how differently your language skills will be received around the world and share your own experiences with Malachi (aka the evil traveling genius behind Itchy Feet.)
- If you can’t always make it to Paris in the springtime, explore Quebec with Tim of the French blog and see why it’s an acceptable alternative!
- Find out the answer to the pressing question: what is pasta, really? We trust no one but our faithful Italian bloggers Geoff and Serena to answer that one.
- Speaking of food, let Sasha show you what Chinese food really looks like on the Chinese blog! Hint: it’s not all lo mein and fried rice.
- Learn why a Hebrew reality cooking show roused a feminist debate in Israel. Ayana on the Hebrew blog has the scoop.
Like what you see? Put the new sharing buttons to use and spread the word about our improved blog experience!
Want to hear more? Sign up for one of our newsletters!
For more free resources, advice, and language news from Transparent Language, sign up for the newsletter(s) most interesting to you.